National Distinguished Professor
Fellow of the Entomological Society of America
Dean, College of Plant Protection
Director of Key Laboratory of Northwest Loess Plateau Crop Pest Management of Ministry of Agriculture
First selected by The Thousand Talents Program of China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 029-87082325
·Ph.D. 1992Entomology, University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia USA.
·M.S. 1987Entomology, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University （VPI&SU or Virginia Tech）， Blacksburg, Virginia, USA
·B.S. 1978 Plant Protection, Shandong Agricultural University, Tai’an, China.
My main research focuses on pest biological control, biorational control, insect ecology, chemical ecology, tritrophic interactions of insect-plant-natural enemies, and low input and environmental friendly pest management. I also develop biorational and Integrated Pest Management approaches for managing insect pests of important crops, including field crops and vegetables.
Representative papers （total SCI papers: 225）
1. Liu, T.-X., P.A. Stansly, D. Gerling. 2015. Whitefly parasitoids: Distribution, life history, bionomics, and utilization. Annual Review of Entomology 60: DOI: 10.1146/annurev-ento-010814-021101.
2. Chen, N. YL Fan, Y Bai, X.D. Li, T.-X. Liu. 2016. Cytochrome P450 gene, CYP4G51, modulates hydrocarbon production in the pea aphid, Acyrthosiphon pisum. Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology DOI: 10.1016/j.ibmb.2016.07.006.
3. Cao, H.H., H.R. Liu, Z.F. Zhang, T.-X. Liu. 2016. The green peach aphid Myzus persicae perform better on pre-infested Chinese cabbage Brassica perkinensis by enhancing host plant nutritional quality. Scientific Reports, 6:21954.
4. Kang, Z.-W., F.H. Liu, H.G. Tian, M. Zhang, S.S. Guo and T.-X. Liu. 2016. Evaluation of the reference genes for expression analysis using quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction in the green peach aphid, Myzus persicae. Insect Science DOI 10.1111/1744-7917.12310.
5. Zhang Y., X.-X. Wang, Z.-F. Zhang, N. Chen, J.-Y. Zhu, H.-G. Tian, Y.-L. Fan and T.-X. Liu. 2016. Pea aphid alates can modify phototaxis in different development stages to assist their host distribution. Frontier in Physiology doi: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00307.
6. Guo, S.-S., M. Zhang and T.-X Liu. 2016. Insulin-related peptide 5 is involved in regulating embryo development and biochemical composition in pea aphid with wing polyphenism. Frontiers in Physiology 7:31 （doi: 10.3389/fphy.2016.00031）。
7. Tan X-L, Wang S, Ridsdill-Smith J, Liu T-X.* 2014. Direct and indirect impacts of Infestation of tomato plant by Myzus persicae （Hemiptera: Aphididae） on Bemisia tabaci （Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae）。 PLoS ONE 9（4）： e94310. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0094310.
8. Pan M-Z and T-X Liu 2014. Suitability of three aphid species for Aphidius gifuensis （Hymenoptera: Braconidae）： Parasitoid performance varies with hosts of origin. Biological Control 69: 90-96.
Major and research direction
Pest biological control, pest biorational control, insect ecology, chemical ecology, tritrophic interactions of insect-plant-natural enemies
Graduate students to participate in international academic conferences and academic reports
International Congress of Entomology （Daigue, Korea）： Meng Zhang, Xiaoling Tan, Shanshan Guo, Hehe Cao
Numerous students （>40） have participated in many national or regional conferences of entomology, biological control and plant protection.
Graduate student academic awards
Postgraduate National Scholarship Winners: Xiaoling Tan, Mingzhen Pan, Huan Yu, Wenyan Fu, etc;
The second prize of the Entomological Society of Beijing twelfth Outstanding Youth Award for Outstanding Scientific Papers Winner: Xiaoling Tan;
Doctoral forums of NWAFU second or third prize winners: Xiaoling Tan,Yanqin Niu, Mingzhen Pan
The international PhD Forum second prize: Zhiwei Kang
Outstanding Postgraduate Students: Xiaoling Tan, Zhiwei Kang, Jingyun Zhu; and many others.
Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences: Xiaoling Tan, Mingzhen Pan
Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China: Kai Zhang
Universities: Yanqin Niu, Shengyin Wang, Yanhong Liu, Hehe Cao
Research Institute of provinces and cities level: Yuanyuan Yin
Agricultural Bureau of provinces and county level: Xiaoli Lin, and many others.